Banana pudding is probably one of my favorite sweet dishes. It has bananas, and pudding. What’s not to love? What makes this dish even better, is that you don’t have to bake it. I actually do not like the baked version. No messing with meringue. No cooking. No baking. This recipe is simple, delicious, and makes a large batch- great for dinner parties. Enjoy!
- 1 box vanilla wafers, I usually use half a box, but you can use as much as you want
- 6-10 bananas, sliced, or use as much as you want
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding mix, 3oz
- 1 box banana instant pudding mix 3oz
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 large container of thawed whipped topping (cool whip), 12 oz
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
In a bowl, mix together both boxes of pudding mix and the milk, using a hand blender or whisk. Whisk for a couple of minutes, making sure pudding is completely dissolved.
Stir in the condensed milk until well incorporated.
Mix in the vanilla, then fold in the whipped topping.
In a serving bowl, add a layer of vanilla wafers, bananas, and pudding mix. Repeat layers. Let it set in the fridge until ready to serve. I usually keep it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
*Top with the crumbs of vanilla wafers and whole wafers, if you like